All personal information collected and used from the UKFEX site will be processed in accordance with the 1998 Data Protection Act.
References in this policy to “UKFEX” also apply to its sister channels on these web sites.
In order to place a listing on the UKFEX web site, you will need to register. We will require you to supply your name, telephone number, e-mail address, postal address and postcode. You will also be required to supply payment details. Registrants are also presented with the option of supplying their mobile number, and further additional information.
In order to conduct an product search on the UKFEX web site, we will require you to supply a selection of identifying criteria matching your chosen article, for example make, price, specification.
USE OF INFORMATION
UKFEX is part of Alius Publications Ltd and information supplied in this site may be shared within the company. When you register with our site, we ask you whether you would like to receive our email newsletters detailing changes to the site, offers and services from third party companies via email and/or via post that we feel may be of interest to you. You have the ability to opt-out of receiving all or any of these offers during registration.
We have taken measures to ensure that information supplied to us is held securely. As a consequence – we may occasionally request proof of identity before allowing access to your personal information.
You have the right to access all personal information supplied to UKFEX and rectify any inaccuracies on the information held (a charge of ?10 may be administered). Further enquiries should be made to email@example.com or UKFEX, Alius Publications Ltd, 127-131 Duke Street, Barrow in Furness LA14 1XA
If you wish to access your personal details as held by UKFEX, a charge of ?10 will be made.
Amendments and Updates to this policy may be made from time to time. Any revisions will be posted on this page so you will always be aware of what information we collect.
Telephone numbers and email addresses supplied as part of a company listing will be published within the relevant listing for the duration of the booking, to enable a potential buyer to contact the seller. The postcode is collected in order to provide a positioning on each listing within our database, thereby enabling potential buyers and yourselves to locate the listing promptly.
Credit card information is used solely for the purpose of payment processing. UKFEX retains no record of credit card details.
Postcodes and listing information are collected in order to provide a relevant match of listings against a specified search. The inclusion of the postcode enables us to provide the potential buyer with a range of listings within a chose locality, as well as providing a complete source of potential client details.
Email addresses are collected in order to send registrants their chosen password, providing them with online access to their registration details (available within their section on the website). The user can access this information at any time in order to update their details or change the option on whether they would like to receive communication from UKFood or selected third parties. Other registration information is collected in order:
– To generate an overall audience profile of visitors using the UKFEX web site. This information is then used to assist in developing relevant content on the site as well as ensuring that advertisers looking to reach specific audience groups are encouraged to place their stock or promotions on the site.
– To support our E-alerts functionality – whereby visitors to our site can store settings on listing searches on the UKFEX web site, unless a visitor supplies their email address, we are unable to send such alerts.
By providing limited access to all our search fields, notably free text entry boxes, we are able to limit the impact on the performance of our search engine during periods of intense user activity.
When you visit our web site we issue a “cookie” or unique identification code that enables us to recognise your computer and store settings to help facilitate your use of our site.
If your computer is configured to accept cookies we will be able to provide time saving functionality such as:
– The ability to pre-fill the search form with your postcode, thus preventing the need to re-input it each time you need to run a search.
– Unhindered access to all the fields within our advanced search settings.
– Ready access to an online record on past advertisements you may have placed via the site.
– Access to our E-alert functionality.
Please note you need to enable cookies in your browser in order to place an advert. For further information on cookies or for details on how to delete them or refuse their installation on your computer, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/
To enable the delivery of functionality that improves the ease and speed of using the UKFEX web site.
– To enable us to track the relative demand for different types of listing on the site. Such information enables us to better target advertising at users searching for specific listings.
– To enable us to track the relative popularity of disparate parts of our site. This in turn enables us to concentrate our efforts on developing those parts of the site that are generating the greatest consumer demand.